Strategic Arms, being a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL), welcomes all customers who wish to have a firearm shipped to us so we can assist with getting it transferred over to you. As with anything, we have to follow all federal, state, and local laws in regards to transferring a firearm to a individual.
Here are a few basic policies and laws we must follow:
- You must reside in the state of Alabama and be able to show proof of such
- You must be 18 years old for transfer of long guns, and 21 years old for transfer of handguns and other firearms, including receivers.
- You will be required to complete a ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check will be performed at the time of pick up of the firearm. No firearm will be transferred until this is done.
- We cannot accept Pistol Permit / CCW License in leu of a NICS background check at this time.
- At this time, we do not do transfers of SOT items, such as suppressor, SBR, or machine guns.
- These are not all inclusive and other requirements may apply.
- Firearms that are shipped to us must be picked up within 7 calendar day from the time of our notification to you that it has arrived. Firearms that are not picked up in this time period are subject to $10.00/day storage fee starting on the eighth day. This does not include delays with background checks.
Cost: $25.00 per serialized item
If you would like to ship us an item, please complete the form below or you are always welcome to give us a call. We will in turn get the required information to the company that will be shipping the firearm(s).